Go Pack Go!
OKAY WHOEVER YOU ARE, SIT DOWN AND HOLD ONTO YOUR SEATS, THIS IS GOING TO BE A RIDE. I hope you know some of the basics of football overall, because this is going to be strictly Packers related. (ALSO, IF YOU WANT TO REBLOG THIS AND ADD STUFF, I’M MOST LIKELY GOING TO MISS SOME STUFF SO PLEASE REBLOG AND ADD STUFF)
- The Green Bay Packers were formed in 1919 by Earl “Curly” Lambeau (which is why they play at Lambeau Field) and George Whitney Calhoun. They are the last small town team around, with Green Bay, Wisconsin population being 104k in 2012.
- They have won 13 league championships (the most of any team) which includes nine NFL championships PRIOR to the Super Bowl era, and then four Super Bowl victories ( I, II, XXXI, XLV).
- They are in the NFC North. The Bears/Packers rivalry is one of the oldest in the NFL. It dates back to 1921. & The Bears Still Suck!
You should also know that
- Brett Favre is a God and we forgive him for what he did.
- Aaron Rodgers’ facial hair is on point but his actual hair not always. Ps follow him on twitter he is hilarious.
- Donald Driver is a Packer for life.
- At some point we will probably forgive Greg Jennings but not right now.
- If you have played for the Packers and we loved you, we will always love you unless you’re like a terrible person.
- If you see Charles Woodson on the street, shake his hand.
- Rodgers also does awesome photobombs with the team captains photos every game unless he’s one of the captains.
- Reggie White is an angel.
- Clay Matthews is hilarious and has glorious hair.
- But is also a sack master beast.
- Matt Flynn is a gift to this cruel world.
- Winning is not everything, it’s the only thing.
- Fuck the Lions, Vikings, and Bears
- but also FUCK YOU GIANTS YOU RUINED EVERYTHING THAT ONE TIME WHEN FAVRE COULD HAVE FINISHED HIS CAREER AS A PACKER OFF BY GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL AND MAYBE WINNING
- And also you guys ruined things for us again later down the road and I will always wish for your team to lose idgaf I will cheer for the Eagles if I have to.
- The Niners sometimes squash us like bugs and it’s not pleasant so we fucking hate them too.
- "WHY ARE WE RUNNING THE BALL WHEN WE HAVE AARON RODGERS AND LIKE 7 AWESOME RECEIVERS?"
- "OMG EDDIE LACY RUN THAT BALL WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT A PASSING GAME."
- Ha-Ha Clinton Dix
- It’s not discount double check, it’s just called The Belt.
- If you put a chip on Aaron Rodgers shoulder, he will take that chip and fuck your girl with it.
- This list is starting to get ridiculous but we wear cheese hats on our heads so…
I may be a bit more long-winded than (and not as funny as) my lovely counterparts, but here we go:
- The Green Bay Packers have one of the best touchdown celebrations ever (at home anyway): The Lambeau Leap. Allll the way back in 1993 the amazing LeRoy Butler forced a fumble that was picked up by the even more amazing Reggie White. White lateraled the ball to Butler and he took it in for a touchdown. He then spontaneously jumped into the crowd and that was the beginning the tradition of the Lambeau Leap.
- In 1961 Paul Hornung, one of the Packers all-time greats, had been called up to serve in the army. In order for him to play in the NFC championship game that year, Vince Lombardi called up President John F. Kennedy to see if he could be granted leave. He was.
- From 1933-1994 Packers home games were split between Green Bay and Milwaukee.
- The Packers original colors were navy blue and gold (borrowed from Notre Dame by Curly Lambeau) and contrary to many I quite like their throwback jerseys thankyouverymuch.
- Sometimes (well most of the time) Matt Flynn joins Aaron Rodgers in his amazing photobombing antics. They are adorable.
- Donald Driver has one the best smiles of any Packers player past or present. (I may be a bit biased though).
- Donald Driver currently holds the Packers receiving record with 10,137 receiving yards.
- He also has a Dancing With the Stars win. ;)
- I may really miss Donald Driver.
- Fail Mary and replacement refs. But we don’t like to talk about that.
- Aaron Rodgers (and other select players) are dashing during No-Shave November. ‘Nuff said.
I agree on all points listed above but for a life long Packer fan that has never lived in Wisconsin one point that has been missed is that Packer Fans, especially out of state ones are like family. No matter where I go or where I have lived you will always run into some other packer fan and will inevitably spend at least the next half hour talking Packers football. In my travels I have made friends, that I still have today, while in four different countries and the US. All stemming from some random meeting cause they or I saw that we were both Packers fans.
As Vince Lombardi once said: “Their are only three things in life that should matter to you, God, Family, and the Green Bay Packers in that order.”
Packer Fans how can you not love this guy! DD may be retired but still works out like the professional he continues to be! Hard Core!